Thursday, March 18, 2010
The Pledge of Allegience in Schools
The saying of the Pledge of Allegience in public schools has been a controversial topic over many years. Some say it's patriotic, some say it contradicts separation of church and state. I do support the idea of saying the pledge of allegience in public schools, but mainly because I don't see anything wrong with it. I don't think it's has big of a deal as people have made it out to be. I don't think it should be required in schools or that every school should indeed say it. I just think that there is nothing wrong with it. I think it is important for those born in the U.S. to at least learn the pledge of alliegience. That does not mean that they have to agree with it or say it. Many people don't believe in Darwin's theory of evolution but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be taught. I sya the pledge of alliegience moreso out of respect and honor for the founding fathers of this country and all involved in the birth of the U.S. I don't think it makes one more or less patriotic if they say it or not, but I do believe knowing it is important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment